Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baths, Books and Bedtime!

4/1/09
I love getting to spend all day and everyday with Abby! It's always a different adventure everyday. But my favorite part of each day is night time. And not just because it's bedtime! There is just something about that last hour and a half each night that is so special to me. Our bedtime routine starts around 6:30/6:40 every night. We start off with quiet play in the living room. We build with blocks or play pass the balls back and fourth, back and fourth, back and fourth....or put the cookies in the cookie jar, just something quiet and not to rowdy. At 7 we run bath water, Abby gets nakie and EXCITED while the tub fills. Every night she is the biggest goober in the tub. She loves to splash, giggle and jabber with her rubber duckies and throw around her stacking cups! I also get a bath even when I'm not in the tub! After her wash down she gets to play some more until the water is done draining. Next is the "fun" part, the lotion and pajamas! I try to slop the lotion on as quickly as I can before the naked runaway escapes and slip her jammies on faster than she can slip out of them! Once the jammies are on we lay together as she drinks her bottle. She loves to touch my face or pet my fingers when I hold her bottle. She is the sweetest thing ever! Next is book time. It is my favortie time. It is so special to me as she sits there looking and listening to pictures and words. She loves to help me turn the pages (even before I am done reading the page)! But the best part is reading her favorite book, The Big Book of Beautiful Babies. She loves to give kisses to every baby in the book and gets super excited at the very end when she gets to give herself kisses! Once the books are done we sing a little song then she is off to dream for the night! She is a great sleeper and always refreshed and energized for the next adventurous day!

1 comments:

Shar said...

I agree - that time of night is so much fun. Gosh she is getting so big!!